The Bunbury Regional Art Gallery is calling for South West artists to submit an expression of interest for the biennial exhibition, South Western Times Art 2020. The exhibition has a long history of showcasing creative talent from the region and is a significant event in BRAG’s calendar. The year 2020 is a moment in which we can assess the past and consider issues affecting us, and the region, in the future. The exhibition will be a survey of work in a variety of media by artists currently practicing in the South West of Western Australia. Curated by Lee Kinsella.
Applications for the South Western Times Art 2020 close Friday 1 November 2019.
The opening event is free to the public and held on Friday 14 February 2020, with a large street party celebrating both the exhibition and the 33rd anniversary of BRAG.
ARTISTS MUST SUBMIT:
- • Artist bio;
- • A description of the work to be entered, whether it be a recent work or a new work, including its dimensions;
- • Up to 6 images indicative of the work to be submitted; and
- • A completed entry form with proof of payment.
- • $35 submission fee. Payments can be made online, at the Gallery or over the phone on (08) 9792 7323.
KEY DATES AND DEADLINES:
- • Entries close - Friday 1 November 2019
- • Successful/unsuccessful artists notified shortly after the closing date
- • Awards Opening Night - Friday 14 February 2020
- • Exhibition runs Saturday 15 February - Sunday 19 April 2020
DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM BELOW