Are you an artist living in the South West region of West Australia?
Director of BRAG, Dr. Mike Bianco will be visiting artists across the South West throughout September to December 2023.
The purpose of these visits is to expand BRAG’s connections with South West artists and build an artist network to share future exhibition, facilitation and residencies opportunities.
Don't have an art studio? Don't worry! Visits can be arranged at the Gallery. These visits are simply an opportunity to showcase your works in person and tell us more about your practice.
Applicants will also be considered for BRAG’s flagship show, South West Art Now (SWAN) which is set to open in March 2024.
Both individuals and groups are encouraged to apply.
- The first round of studio visits will be scheduled from August through to December 2023
- These applicants will be considered for SWAN'24
- Artists selected for SWAN'24 will be invited to create new works
Terms and conditions
- Applications are open until Sunday 30 September 2023
- Artists must reside in the South West Region (South of Mandurah to Albany)
- A studio visit will not guarantee inclusion in any future BRAG exhibitions
- All applicants must complete the online call out form (link can be found at the bottom of this page)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages) to include;
- - personal details - name, address, email and phone number
- - relevant education and qualifications
- - group and solo exhibitions
- - collections
- - publications and bibliography
- Artist Statement
- Up to two artwork images and audio or visual links
- - Images should express your current practice
- - Images to be up to 300dpi resolution, maximum 2MB each
- - Audio/other digital media as direct links to website fo file sharing service (eg OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox etc). Please include note of the section if audio/visual is longer than four minutes (eg. please watch/listen from 2 minutes 15 secs).