BRAG is seeking an Indigenous Art Curator for Noongar Country Exhibition 2021
The Bunbury Regional Art Gallery (BRAG) is calling for expressions of interest from experienced curators to present the 2021 Noongar Country Exhibition and to mentor an emerging curator. This exhibition is extremely valued by our South West community and generates much interest around Australia. Noongar Country is a contemporary showcase of living culture and story interpreted through diverse mediums by Indigenous artists residing on Noongar Country, giving voice and connection to past and present.
The successful applicant is expected to work closely with the BRAG team to design the marketing, public programs and events associated with the exhibition.
Applications close at 5pm on 20th November 2020:
26 June – 22 August 2021: Noongar Country exhibition
Terms and conditions:
- Please provide details of insurance.
- Must possess a current driver’s licence.
- Must be able to meet regularly with BRAG team or submit weekly reports.
- Payment to be based on 4 payments of $3000 each ($12,000 in total and plus GST if applicable) dependent upon achieving deliverables as outlined in our schedule:
- Deliver a professional exhibition based on your design and curatorial premise.
- Supervise and mentor an intern
- Work within the timeframe set out by the BRAG team.
- Engage with potential artists to encourage participation.
- Assist in the application process and follow-up
- Maintain and update artist records
- Process and monitor applications.
- Ensure artist statements and/or stories are complete
- Assist in the design, editing and proofing of catalogue
- Write a short catalogue essay
- Co-ordinate the pick up and delivery of artworks and their return at the end of the exhibition.
- Assist in the organisation of the award night.
- Work closely with the BRAG team on all aspects of the exhibition.