Entries Close 15 September
South West Art Now is a biennial exhibition presenting the best new work by established and emerging artists in our region.
In 2018, the exhibition will open on 24 February with a free community event at Bunbury Regional Art Galleries.
Regional artists are invited to submit up to three existing works for exhibition, or propose the creation of new work. Work must have been created after 1 January 2017 and have not been previously exhibited (including in local festivals and competitions).
All entries are accepted via our website: brag.org.au. There is no entry fee.
Artists must submit:
- + Artist bio;
- + A description of the work to be entered, whether it be a recent work or a new work, including its dimensions;
- + Up to 6 images indicative of the work to be submitted; and
- + A completed entry form
All successful artists will receive:
- Your work will be professionally curated into a survey of the best new work by leading emerging and established artists in this region.
- You will be given the option of a studio visit by the exhibition curator and a professional photographer.
- Your practice will be profiled in a substantial publication on South West artists, to be launched in 2018.
- The opportunity to win a solo exhibition at Bunbury Regional Art Galleries and have your work acquired by the City of Bunbury collection.
For the purposes of this exhibiton, artists are eligible if they are normally resident in the Great Southern, Peel, South West, or Wheatbelt South Region of Western Australia.
Your residential postcode must fall within one of the following ranges: